Free Lance Stringer

 

After a few weeks of work on this miniature I am finally done. She was a blast to paint and a good diversion from the other miniatures that I am currently working on. I also didn’t have any fully painted HVT to speak of and I really had to fix that.

IMG_2189

Click read more to see the full progression of the miniature from Primer to finish.

2017-04-14 21.43.08

I wanted to start with the lowest parts of her so I painted her legs high heels and the crates she’s sitting on. These are all base costs. I applied a light wash on her legs to highlight the lines.

2017-04-15 14.40.42

I decided to paint her dress purple. It was a bit on a whim, but I like how it’s turning out. This was just a base coat and a light wash again to make the lines stand out.

2017-04-16 21.18.29

Next I added highlights to all of the raised surfaces. Such as the folds in her dress a little on her lap and a little on her breasts. I’m adding a front and back for this one.

2017-04-23 20.49.33

2017-04-23 20.49.42

Next I added color to the trim on her dress and the button. I did them the same pink as her gloves and shoes, but I don’t think it pops enough. All of the colors so far are kinda dark. I may change them to a really light yellow so that the buttons stand out much more.

2017-04-23 21.42.50

In this next part I base coated her face and neck.

2017-04-26 20.23.11.jpg

The next step was to add lowlights under her chin and where her hair meets her face. I then added highlights on her nose and the upper side of her chin. Both are very subtle effects, but they bring out the best in the miniature.

2017-05-07 20.33.08.jpg

Next I added rouge in the form of a red ink. I got just the smallest dab of ink on my tiniest detail brush and put in a few dots. Then I did her lips in a bright red to match the rouge.

2017-05-07 20.39.12.jpg

The last thing I worked on this time around was her glasses. I’m not sure that I’m satisfied with them yet, but I did a base coat of gray and a highlight white with a small strip of black to make a reflection effect. I did a small violet glaze, but you can hardly see it.

2017-05-07 21.13.45.jpg

Looking at her now, I see that I did the black on the wrong side of her eye over her left eye. Our right hand side of the picture.

2017-05-14 12.12.53.jpg

I next painted her glasses to match her dress.

2017-05-14 13.05.12.jpg

Then I painted her collar to match her gloves and shoes. In between these steps I made a mistake on her shoes. My brush accidentally stroked across the right shoe. I may change the color to a darker one just to add another layer of depth.

2017-05-14 14.17.53.jpg

The last thing I did painted was a glaze of the whole boxes that she’s sitting on and then a black over the logo on the crate.

This next step was to do a small highlight of a lighter pink on her glasses at the top and a fringe of highlight around her neckline. I may have gone a little heavy there. I’ll touch it up later.

2017-05-28 20.14.28.jpg

Next I did a base coat of a light yellow. She was originally going to be a blond, but that quickly changed.

2017-05-28 20.28.17

These next few pictures show the progression of my highlighting process on the hair. I started light and worked my way darker.

2017-05-28 20.51.46

Next I added a pink stripe in her hair and I highlighted it similarly to the rest of her hair.

2017-05-28 20.53.27

Next I moved and did some detail work on the crates that she’s sitting on. I decided to do a lighter color of the gray and the blue, but swap them so the light gray is on the blue crate and the light blue is on the gray crate.

2017-05-28 21.11.18

Then I added just a little more color and a few more highlights to make the crates pop just a little more.

2017-05-28 21.14.34

This whole time I have hated the yellow tights and the yellow sleeves. I finally changed them to a light gray and highlighted them up.

2017-05-28 21.35.13

I finally decided that I did not like the color of her hair so I did a glaze of blue to turn her whole head blue.

2017-05-28 21.37.22

She is so close to being finished. All I have left to do is a few highlights on her crate, fix her color just a little and perhaps change the color slightly, and base her.

Her base needed a rock.

2017-06-04 06.22.50

Then it needed sand.

2017-06-04 06.38.00

After letting the sand dry for a good amount of time I painted it a dark brown color.

2017-06-04 16.08.50

Next I dry brushed the dirt to add some more texture and color variation. Then I added some grass. The idea I had was to make them look more like weeds springing up around the rock, but it looked good in the end and didn’t take away from the final appearance of the miniature.

2017-06-04 20.15.23

And at last here are a few shots with my nice camera of the finished Free Lance Stringer.

 

IMG_2187

IMG_2188.JPG

IMG_2189.JPG

She was a blast to paint and I am very happy with how she turned out.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s