The Free Lance Stringer is the HVT that comes in the Dire Foes pack 6. She’s a very sleek looking miniature and will be a blast to paint. Here’s her just as a primed miniature. This post contains everything from part one so I will skip the link back to it. As I did with my recent Yojimbo post I am combining all of my posts together from now on so that when I finally finish It will be one long post that goes from start to finish on the Miniature.
I wanted to start with the lowest parts of her so I painted her legs high heels and the crates she’s sitting on. These are all base costs. I applied a light wash on her legs to highlight the lines.
I decided to paint her dress purple. It was a bit on a whim, but I like how it’s turning out. This was just a base coat and a light wash again to make the lines stand out.
Next I added highlights to all of the raised surfaces. Such as the folds in her dress a little on her lap and a little on her breasts. I’m adding a front and back for this one.
Next I added color to the trim on her dress and the button. I did them the same pink as her gloves and shoes, but I don’t think it pops enough. All of the colors so far are kinda dark. I may change them to a really light yellow so that the buttons stand out much more.
In this next part I base coated her face and neck.
The next step was to add lowlights under her chin and where her hair meets her face. I then added highlights on her nose and the upper side of her chin. Both are very subtle effects, but they bring out the best in the miniature.
Next I added rouge in the form of a red ink. I got just the smallest dab of ink on my tiniest detail brush and put in a few dots. Then I did her lips in a bright red to match the rouge.
The last thing I worked on this time around was her glasses. I’m not sure that I’m satisfied with them yet, but I did a base coat of gray and a highlight white with a small strip of black to make a reflection effect. I did a small violet glaze, but you can hardly see it.
Looking at her now, I see that I did the black on the wrong side of her eye over her left eye. Our right hand side of the picture.
I next painted her glasses to match her dress.
Then I painted her collar to match her gloves and shoes. In between these steps I made a mistake on her shoes. My brush accidentally stroked across the right shoe. I may change the color to a darker one just to add another layer of depth.
The last thing I did painted was a glaze of the whole boxes that she’s sitting on and then a black over the logo on the crate.
She is getting very close to being done. It may be one or two more painting sessions and then I’ll finish her up. My attention span is pretty short so I have to work on a few different models at a time.