I have moved onto painting the dismounted model and rider. I have also decided to do these a little different than I was previously doing. I took a few more pictures along the way and I will explain what I was working on. You will see more pictures and more explanation of what I was doing along the way. You can find the finished bike here.
After priming the miniature, I applied a base coat of red and added a wash and some highlights and lowlights. I’m this next picture you’ll see that it looks pretty gnarly and bright pink. Bear with it because in the next step some magic happens.
After making him look horrible I add a glaze that is a mixture of Vallejo red and just a tiny bit of black. That stuff is strong so be careful. I applied it without diluting it at all.
The final appearance today looks pretty good. It’s not perfect at all yet, but there are some nice variations of color on the model in a natural way. The next step will be to apply just a little more subtle highlights and lowlights. Stay tuned next week for the next update on Yojimbo.